Unfortunately the v1.5 release of the TWiT Windows Phone 7 application did not go as well as hoped, a few bad bugs sneaked by my best attempt at testing the update, here is the list:
Known Issues & Status (Updated 4/21/2011)
Live Audio Playback Broken
- Details: Live audio does not work – errors out when you try to start playing the live feed and app crashes
- Status: This has been fixed in update 1.6 and already submitted to Marketplace on 4/19. I hope to see it released this week if it passes certification
Resuming Shows from before update Crash Application
- Details: This is a very frustrating issue and I caused it with a large code refactoring (something that really needed to happen). I simply didn’t anticipate it but should have. This is also something I simply didn’t have a good way to test for as it required data from the v1.4 version of the application to replicate the bug.
- Status: Unfortunately there is no way for me to restore the old shows, they simply will never play and I’m very sorry. Update 1.7 will at least attempt to prevent the application from crashing if you try to play a “broken” old show
- Note: New shows you start listening to in update 1.5 or later should NOT be impacted and are expected to both play and resume as they did before the update
Show Page – Episode list loading slowly
- When you click on a show detail page the episode list above the advertisement loads slowly (Example: you click on Windows Weekly logo to see the show details)
- Status: I think I found the root cause of this issue and it should be patched in update v1.6 – Please let me know if you have any issues after the next patch
Other Misc. Issues
- Episode title in media player is not wrapping and therefore is being cutoff. (This has been fixed in update 1.6)
Big thank you as always for everyone’s patience and feedback about the issues – I am working hard on ensuring future updates go more smoothly and add features people are requesting.
If you know of more issues not listed here or have suggestions, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org as I do actively monitor this email address (even if I don’t respond to every email sent in).